You’ve decided to change jobs but not you’re not sure where to begin. Don't worry, we've all been there. To help you, I’ve put together 5 of my top tips for a job application process:
1. Your CV/Resume must grab the recruiter’s attention. Make sure it’s concise (max 3 pages), highlights your key skills and is in the correct template.
2. Analyse the job spec. Read and reread the job spec – often recruiters have an “ideal” candidate for the job, but they’ll rarely find a candidate to tick all the boxes. If you feel you tick off some of the requirements but are hesitant to apply because you don’t fit all of the requirements, apply anyway. You may have the different skill set they were looking for and get that call.
3. The Cover Letter. People often think they can leave this out as it’s “pointless”, but it’s an extra sell. You can tell your story in the cover letter and outline why you’d be the perfect candidate for the job. Never leave this out, again it can be the extra sell and differentiate you!
4. Tailor the CV & Cover letter for the job you are applying for. Don’t just put in a generic CV or Cover Letter. Personalise it to the job and company you are applying for, it’ll make a difference and help you stand out.
5. Research the company that you would like to apply for. Is there anything else personal that you can put into the cover letter to make you stand out with the research you’ve done? Find the recruiter on LinkedIn, connect with them. All of this makes you stand out that little bit extra.
You must also be very committed to the process. I always say looking for a job can be a full-time job in itself. There are many different jobs to apply for, you will get rejections, but don't give up. It’s all part of the process. You need to keep trying, follow the process and you will be successful! If you need help with the application process, send me a message, I’d be glad to help. You can book a free consultation here: https://link.aislinghealycoaching.com/book-free Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/aislinghealycoaching/?hl=en for more daily/weekly tips and extra motivation! Thanks for reading, Aisling 😊