· Do you find yourself in a job where you’re not sure where you are going?
· Have you looked at your Career or Life goals and realised you aren’t where you want to be?
· Maybe you already have an idea but you’re not sure how to get there?
We easily get caught up in the whirlwind that is life. Trying to juggle work life, personal life, social life, family life, health and fitness, getting the chores done etc. is not an easy task and certainly can be overwhelming. By the time you sit down you don’t where the time has gone, and your goals are pushed to another day.
However, setting goals in life is so important to not lose sight of what you want. These goals can certainly change depending on circumstances that happen around you but if you don’t have something to work towards you may find out in years to come you’re not where you wanted to be.
Remember, it’s never too late to start goal setting and assessing your current situation. I strongly recommend it.
Here are 5 steps to help you achieve your goals:
1. Brainstorm all you want to achieve. Are you happy where you are now? Do you want change? Write down your wildest dreams! Remember anything is possible.
2. Write down the goals from what you brainstormed that you want to focus on. Ensure they are the goals that you are motivated to do. Break these goals into long term, medium term & short-term goals.
3. Make your goals SMART - specific, measurable, realistic, attainable, and timely to hold yourself accountable to your goals.
4. Break down your goals into what you want to achieve in 1 year, then 90 days, 60 days, 30 days. Break these tasks into weekly tasks, and then break these into daily tasks.
5. Reward yourself when you achieve a task. Cross out the tasks you’ve completed (there’s no greater satisfaction) and put a reward to maybe completing 5 things off your list in a week, e.g. a bar of chocolate.
If you would like to see tips on a specific topic, email me with your suggestion and I’ll try cover it!
If you know of a friend or a colleague that would benefit from these tips, make sure to tell them to sign up to my email list on my website, and also be in with a chance to win a FREE CV review or FREE Interview training session (winner to be announced at the end of June).
If you need help with your goal setting, don’t hesitate to contact me. We will work together on where you are now, where you want to be, and I will give you the tools on how to get there. Book a FREE consultation today via this link: